How To Avoid the "Summer Slide"
The only summer slide we want students to enjoy each summer is the one found at the playground! Help your child avoid the dreaded "summer slide" by intentionally planning activities to keep their brains engaged. They worked hard all school year and you don't want them to lose their newly gained knowledge and skills.
Here are some easy tips to help your child retain their learning.
Taken from this video from @usedgov
- Start a summer journal - Spend time writing at least twice a week
- Get crafty - Use recycled materials to make something creative
- Plan a family game night - Try a game you've never played before
- Visit a local farmers' market - or Summer Food Service Program site
- Explore the library - Take turns choosing a book for each other.
- Choose a pen pal - Write and mail letters to a friend or family member