Mount Airy City Schools virtual learning option for kindergarten-fifth grade students.
How is the MACS Micro-School designed?
- Highly qualified teachers plan rigorous instruction based on NC Standard Course of Study.
- Learning support and enrichment services are provided by teachers to qualifying students via Google Meet.
- Enhancement services such as Leader in Me and Social Emotional Learning support is provided to students. School-based therapy is available to students and families through Daymark.
- Students participate in state testing on campus for the beginning and end of grade. Students in the second grade will take the CoGAT in the spring.
School, Home, and Community Connections
- Trips and online sessions to learn about Community Helpers
- Special guests as readers and speakers
- Monthly online session with an elementary principal via Google Meet
- Sessions with the School Resource Officer to learn about citizenship
- Partnerships with Surry Arts Council and Mount Airy Parks and Recreation
- Quarterly Family Connection Celebrations
- Students receive student athletic passes for home games
S.T.E.A.M. and Learning Pods
- Face-to-face place-based sessions around the community based on student interest and aligned with S.T.E.A.M. framework
- Weekly S.T.E.A.M. lesson
- Greenway rides and walks, weather permitting
- Weekly or Monthly
- Place-based learning
- Field trips
- Lessons and learning experiences will involve career exploration in the areas of S.T.E.A.M.
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Transportation provided for students living within the Mount Airy City School District limits