SUN Bucks

Not all Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) students will qualify for SUN Bucks. CEP students will be automatically enrolled into SUN Bucks if they fit at least one of the following criteria:
  • Receives Food and Nutrition Services (FNS, food stamps), or
  • Participates in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF, Work First (cash assistance)), or
  • Receives Medicaid and has a household income below 185% of the federal poverty level, or
  • Categorically eligible such as foster care, runaway, or migrant

If your child attends a CEP school but doesn't fit at least one of the criteria listed, you must submit an income-based application to determine eligibility for SUN Bucks.

If your child goes to a school that has the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and meets at least one of the requirements under “Does my child qualify for SUN Bucks?”, then your child can get SUN Bucks benefits automatically.

This is important: If your child goes to a CEP school but DOESN'T meet any of the criteria listed above, you'll need to fill out an application based on your income to see if your child can get SUN Bucks.