The following dress code, for Mount Airy Middle School and Mount Airy High School, is aligned with School Board Policy.
- Students will not wear hats, head coverings, and sunglasses
- Students must keep their pants up around their waist
- Students will not wear shirts that display violence, profanity, suggestive or vulgar language or pictures
- Students can't wear pants that have holes in them. Holes must be covered by a patch
- Students may not wear spaghetti straps
- Tank tops shall not display cleavage, nor be loose around the armpits
- Students can't wear tops that show cleavage
- Students can't wear see-through clothing
- Underwear must be covered at all times, this includes bra straps
- Shorts or skirts must be no shorter than five inches from the knee
- Leggings and jeggings must have a top over them that covers the bottom
- Students may not display any piercings other than in the ear. Piercings may not be covered with Band-Aids nor have spacers. Spacers are still piercings. It does not matter that they are clear
- Students may not wear bandanas
- Students can't display gang affiliation
Students in violation of this policy will be required to change clothes. Any time missed to take care of clothing violation will be considered an unexcused absence. Continued issues will be dealt with by school administration.