MTSS Overview Information
At the heart of our mission is a core set of shared values that serve to ground and enliven our collective identity and strengthen our commitment to our mission as educational leaders. The foundation of success for our students and our school system is rooted in our core values and these values define the Branching Minds Way.
- Every Child - We believe in serving every child, every day.
- Moral Compass - We are guided by strong character, ethics, and integrity.
- Limitless Curiosity - We never stop learning and growing.
- Collective Greatness - We, as a community, leverage our individual strengths to reach challenging goals.
- Collaborative Spirit - We believe in making positive connections and building a sense of community with staff, students, and community stakeholders.
MTSS is for ALL students.
A Three-Tiered System of Service Delivery
A three-tiered system of service delivery is a necessary structure to efficiently and effectively support all children, not just those who struggle in school. The three-tiered system of service delivery is crucial in the attempt to ensure all students achieve at high levels and all students achieve college and career readiness.
A universal screening system is defined as administering measures and/or collecting existing data to allow broad generalizations to be made regarding the future performance and outcomes of all students at the individual and group levels. Universal screening assessments are administered to all students three times per year to proactively and objectively identify which students are potentially in need of educational supports/enhancements to supplement the core curriculum. As a screening practice, it is meant to give district and school teams a broad view of the overall health of instruction for all students. Furthermore, evaluation of universal screening data is conducted to ensure the core curriculum is resulting in success for a sufficient percentage of students.
Three Types of MTSS Meetings:
A healthy MTSS system is comprised of three different types of meetings that have three different functions and formats.